Monday, May 12, 2008

Frugal

So my weekend in Boise inspired me to attempt to become more frugal. Maybe it was the think tank discussion on how to use the left over pieces of fabric from the babylegs making, or watching Ammon's cousin Wendy shop the clearance rack at Target, or maybe it was when Lynette got five pairs of tights for free... Hmm, I'm not really sure, but I can say a weekend with the Lindgren gals and I was inspired!


My first attempt at frugality began when I joined the Grocery Game. I have become a coupon clipping maniac! My first attempt saved me 42% at the register. Not too bad, but nowhere near the 50-60% savings the Grocery Game claims...but I think I will stick with it and as I learn more I should be able to save more!

My second attempt was on Saturday. It was our neighborhood garage sale day. There were 140+ garage sales all over the neighborhood. Ammon and I headed out early and found a few good deals. I got a Bumbo chair for my sister-in-law for $1! We already have one and they are expecting in November. We got Finn a Little Tykes play set like the one below for $5!
He is still a little small for it but I think he will have fun once he grows into it!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Score! Awesome deals!

Yeah, sometimes it's not worth the price you'd have to pay to get the free pairs of Target tights!

Good job on the deals. You've definitely got some Lindgren blood now!

Lucy said...

Angela you have always had it in you. Frugality with style! That my Motto!