Sunday, April 25, 2010

We're now a family of four!

It seems that I get the itch to blog every spring. I do pretty well at updating for a few months and then lose interest. I really enjoy reading back over the blog posts and since I have yet to finish Finn's baby book, this may be the only way I write down memories! Mostly this will be a place to write about the everyday happenings of our kids.

Since my last post, we've added to our family. Our second (and last!) baby arrived on January 2, 2010. Harper Rose Gilbert. She is nothing short of amazing. She is a perfect, happy, little baby and we are all so thrilled to have her in our lives. Finn adores her and is doing a great job of being a big brother. As she approaches 4 months old, she is rolling over, grabbing objects, making lots of sounds and smiling all the time.

Finn is still a really fun kid. Lately, the first thing he says to anyone he encounters is "I'm two and a half!" I think the half-birthday celebration made quite the impression. We baked half a birthday cake and he got a new bike. (A skuut bike that is still a little too big.) His memory is impressive; we really have to watch what we say and promise because he never forgets! The other day he brought up something from almost 6 months ago!

I've recently returned to work after a really nice maternity leave. We had a great time in Maui on our first vacation as a family of four. Now we are all adjusting to have two parents working full-time. It seems that the future may hold some major changes for us on that front, so we're just doing what we can to hold it together.

No comments: