Sunday, February 22, 2009

Busy Days!

The last few days have been very busy! On Friday, we met our friends Denise and Lida (from preschool) at Alki beach for a last mintute get together. As soon as I unhooked Finn from the stroller, he bolted for the water! But I was able to divert his attention when I brought out a bag of sand toys. I think he could have stayed there all day playing in the sand! He ate a lot of the sand too! It was a bit chilly, but the sun was out. With sunny days far and few between in a Seattle winter, you take what you can get!

After the beach, we got some lunch at Alki bakery and then went to Whale Tale Park to run off any energy we may have had left! When he was younger, Finn loved to swing. He would stay in the swing for what seemed like hours. These days, a quick swing is all he has the patience for. He much rather be running or climbing something. Whale Tale also has a sand box, so he got in another sandy snack! He fell asleep shortly after being put in the car and slept for over 3 hours when we got home!

That afternoon, I decided it would be fun to take a walk to the library to return our books and meet Ammon as he got off the bus. So I loaded Finn up in the wagon and we were off. Finn really enjoyed the wagon ride, and LOVES to put his cup in and out of the cup holder! We had run returning our books and picking out a few new ones before Ammon arrived and we headed home! Later, we went to Ikea and purchased a new sink and countertops. Finn loved it again and when we left we were very tired.

On Saturday, we went to Baby Loves Disco! http://www.babylovesdisco.com/ It's a dance party for children. Of course, our dancing machine had a great time! He busted lots of moves and ran amuck. When he started running for the door every time we set him down, we figured it was time to leave. After a good long nap, we went to mall and got Finn some new shoes. Two new pairs that have some room to grow. Phew. I am tired just thinking about everything we've done the last few days!!

No comments: